Look back to the future

Competence, experience and performance form the strong and successful foundation for one of the leading German iron foundries for more than 85 years. In the attachment with the region, the tradition and the high quality expectations. In this sense we look back with pleasure at the history of our company, but especially we look to the future and to new objectives. To new technology and to a claim to innovation, perfection and employee qualification.

1932

August Baumgarte founds the company "Eisengiesserei Baumgarte GmbH"

1952

Laying the foundation stone for a new foundry in South Brackwede

1957

Enlargement of the production capacity through the department Manual Form Casting

1961

Investment in new enamel technology with shaft melting furnaces and cupola ovens

1969

Establishment of a new hall for the Core Making Department

1974

Modernisation through automatic blasting equipment for hand-formed parts of up to seven meters in size

1975

Ernst-August Baumgarte becomes company director together with his father Hans Baumgarte

1975

Purchase of a fully automatic moulding line for still more machine casting competence

1975

Installation of a new line-frequency induction furnace with a melting capacity of eight metric tonnes

1984

Purchase of a fully automatic moulding system for horizontal casting

1987

Installation of the second generation of the "Disamatic" moulding system

1988

Installation of a fully automatic sand-conditioning technology

1990

The mechanical moulding shop is closed and replaced by a modern moulding system

1993

Installation of two major machining centres for washing machine bearing-crosses

1993

Construction of a new storage depot for the "Supplied Just-in-Time" cast products

1994

Start of the capital investment programme "Foundry 2000" for melting and moulding technology

1995

Installation of a fully automatic moulding line for smaller to middle-size cast parts

1996

Design of a moulding system for big cast parts with a cast weight up to 600 kg

1997

Size of workforce: 230. Produced tonnage: 21,000 metric tonnes. Performance per man/hour: 77.8 kg

1998

Closure of the manual moulding department, in order to create place for modern machine moulding technology

1998

Further purchase of processing machines for the bearing housings finishing shop

1999

Death of Hans Baumgarte senior

2001

Disamatic moulding machine for the further improvement of precision with the wet moulding method

2003/04

Installation of 4 medium frequency electric ovens with a melting capacity of up to 18 metric tonnes

2005

Establishment of a new model storage depot; Ernst-August Baumgarte becomes sole proprietor.

2008

Installation of a modern sand-conditioning technique to improve the sand quality

2009

Establishment of a modern warehouse centre

2010

Renewal of the moulding plant II

2011

The capital of the foundry is transferred in steps to a charitable foundation.

2013

Start machining of pump housings in the new production hall

2014

Implementing of a further machining centre for the processing of big pumps.

2016

The new installation of the moulding plant I